since the previous winner has not claimed their “prize,” we are announcing a new winner! congratulations to AndreScreamin for winning with “kiss the devil”!
co-host Jupiter Hadley and i have gone over the entries. it seems #tagjam11 has spawned a game genre: satan-glomping! or glomp’em up? :P
as usual, the unstoppable Jupiter has made a video featuring all of the game jam games:
and here are my own rough impressions, in order of submission:
satan wants to glomp you (by purplelilgirl)
- 3rd-person glomp avoider
- creepy sounds!
- movement took me a few seconds to figure out because of the perspective
devil tries to hug me! (by JNyknn)
- endless runner with a glomping satan in pursuit
- cute pixel graphics
- nicely polished. i like the tilting screen and the poop mechanics, and the end game animation :)
kittyglompdevil (by randomer679)
- top-down shooter with kittens as bullets
- had to download vcredist_x86.exe from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784 to get it to run.
- my movement kept getting stuck in one axis for some reason
- seems early still? had to spawn enemies manually too
square devil (by TisVictoria)
- devil-based guessing game
- cute graphics!
- simple gameplay
romping glomp (by dviol134088)
- multi-level platformer with a deadly glomp
- took me a while to figure out how to glomp properly
- got stuck in the second level (the jail) — wasn’t sure what was going on goal-wise
- impressive scope! lots of animations and buildings
kiss the devil (by AndreScreamin)
- 3rd person glomper/kisser
- like the cute blocky look
- LOVE the music
- nice risk/reward with the glomp/kiss mechanics
glomp the devil (by bunnyhero)
- single-level platformer
- this one is mine, so it’s ineligible for judging :P
- the flailing bunny makes me laugh though
public service announcement from iran (by iran office of tourism/torture)
- 3-D propaganda roller
- this has the most interesting interpretation of the themes yet! see the dev’s comments for details
- definitely wins the originality award!
and the winner is…
after some furious discussion and debate, Jupi and i have decided to award the winner’s crown to:
devil tries to hug me! (by JNyknn) we decided on this for general fun factor, adorableness, polish, and use of themes. congratulations JNyknn! you are now responsible for hosting the next TAGjam!
congratulations instead to AndreaScreamin, who was the very close runner-up in our debates! YOU are now the next host for TAGjam :)